Tuesday 21 May 2013

Birthdays

So as birthdays go I seem to be setting a trend. Last year I was in DC, this year León. I like this destination birthday business. I feel like keeping it going. Who knows where next year will take me.

Well I have a few ideas, Exeter for one to start another section in my life, I want to go to all the little places I haven't been yet in Europe. From this camino I have had offers to stay in hamburg and Rio Nevada already. Now all I have to do is find someone willing to take us in in Vienna, Croatia, Paris and Marakesh. I might have people in Amsterdam because the Dutch love walking and I love the Dutch (I'm looking at you Eveline xx)

This year is going to be yet another of travel, discovery and a different kind if hard work, one where I get paid! I'll probably realise soon that being a grown up is much more annoying than being a student was, but it's all how you look at it right?

I have met a lot of people on the Camino who are undecided about where they want their lives to go. These are people around 40 years of age with their whole career behind them and they're still uncertain. It just goes to show that you never really know where life is going to lead you, and you always need to re-evaluate where you are to see if you're happy or not. It's important to know if you're happy and it's something I don't think I'm very good at.

Luckily I plan to walk the Camino, or at least part of the Camino once every year for the rest of my life. And if I cant walk the Camino I walk somewhere else. I will walk because I think it's important to clear your head and find out what you really want, find what can really really really make you happy and then decide how you Can make that happen. That's what the Camino is; anything is possible if you walk far enough. I think that's the message I take from it, today at least. You can do anything, but you have to put in the work.

So this year is going to be a year of hard work and a year I'm looking forward to.

Thank you to everyone who made this last year so wonderful.

Xx

Buen Camino

1 comment:

  1. :-) yes girlie, we are all searching for satisfaction with our own lives...

    Well done on the walking so far..
    Cheers Michelle

    ReplyDelete