Tuesday 14 May 2013

Last minute jitters

Forgetting the tea bags, probably one of my worst travel crimes to date. It is probably written in some ancient Irish travelling bible that one must have black tea with you at all times. These are essential for moments of severe stress, for sickness, home or otherwise, after dinner, breakfast, or simply because you managed to find a kettle and some milk. To not have these means I might as well not be Irish. Thank god past Grace managed to plant tea bags in my boyfriends house so I robbed them.

Now I'm all set.

Then I thought I lost my document wallet. The whole room was turned upside down and panic attacks rising, until I found it, camouflaged against the back of my bag pack. I'm sure it did it on purpose. It's newfangled and waterproof, but I don't trust it. Not one bit.

But I'm here now, a slightly delayed flight to Dublin and then onto Bilbao. The last bit of 3G and I'm using it for all it's worth.

Letting go of constant connectivity is going to be really hard. Searching for every available plug, the search for wifi, I'm going to try but I don't want it to take over this whole thing. I want to keep in contact, I want to keep up this blog, but I'm kind if afraid that I am totally addicted to this phone. I can't seem to put it down most if the time. So maybe it would be good to take a little bit of space from it.

Now, the air stewards are packing, sorting and shoving, cramming suitcases weighing way more than 7 kg, into tiny overhead lockers. Air Lingus are good like that though, they'll let you off. I also have to admit, it's nice to hear the Irish accent before I go to a land of a foreign tongue. Though, to be honest there will be thousands of Irish on this trail. I'll feel more at home than in Scotland probably!

Till next time!

Buen Camino!

X

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment